Antianxiety Agent) * 75-year-old man * Organic mental syndrome (delirium) * Ativan 1 mg QID as needed (for pulling at urinary catheter) * Medication administration record (MAR) shows order was used 10 times in last two weeks and was effective * Recent admission after prostate surgery Discussion In this elderly man with delirium the recent prostate surgery is a telling piece of information, since general anesthesia often causes transient delirium, and this is an indication for use.
What does OMS stand for?
OMS stands for Organic Mental Syndrome (neurological disorder)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OMS
We have 257 other meanings of OMS in our Acronym Attic
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Orbital Maintenance System
- Orbital Maneuvering System
- Order Management Software
- Order Management Solution (software)
- Order Management System
- Ordnance Management System
- Oregon Mycological Society
- Organic Mass Spectrometry
- Organic Matter Solubles
- Organisation Main Secrète (French)
- Organisation Mondiale de la Santé (World Health Organization)
- Organisation Mondiale pour la Santé (French: World Health Organization)
- Organização Mundial de Saúde
- Organización Mundial de la Salud
- Organizational Maintenance Shop
- Organizational Maintenance Squadron (USAF)
- Organizational Management Study
- Organizzazione Mondiale Per La Sanità (Italy)
- Orientation and Mobility Specialist (healthcare)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Any of the organic mental syndromes can interfere with a patient's understanding and compliance with treatment.