Members often make recruiting appearances at high schools in Oregon, Washington and California to promote not just the Oregon Marching Band and the UO, but the idea of continuing music beyond high school in general, she said.
What does OMB stand for?
OMB stands for Oregon Marching Band (University of Oregon)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OMB
We have 61 other meanings of OMB in our Acronym Attic
- Online Marketing Blog
- Only Make Believe (theater group; New York)
- Ontario Municipal Board (Government of Ontario)
- Open Manufacturing Backbone (software; UGS)
- Open Media Boston (Media Working Group; Boston, MA)
- Operational Management Board (infrastructure; EU)
- Operations Manual Bulletin
- Optical Media Board (Philippines)
- Optical Mounting Board
- Order of Mapungubwe: Bronze (South Africa)
- Oregon Medical Board (Portland, OR)
- Organizational Mailbox (US Air Force)
- Original Muscle Beach (Santa Monica, CA)
- Originating Message Buffers
- Osteopathic Medical Board (California)
- Outer Marker Beacon (aviation)
- Owner Managed Business (various companies)
- Ocala Mountain Biking Association
- Ohio Mountain Bike Association
- Old Monterey Business Association (Monterey, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Question: The University of Oregon marching band seems huge.
Some of the revenue from the plastic souvenir sales benefit, in part, the Oregon Marching Band.
Byline: The Register-Guard BAND TAKES REQUESTS Saturday's spring football scrimmage is a big day for the University of Oregon Marching Band, too.
After that, the Oregon Duck mascot will make "an interesting entrance," as Doherty put, and then serve as a master of ceremonies to introduce the Pit Crew, the cheerleaders, the UO basketball band and ultimately the full Oregon marching band, which will end the special ceremony with the school fight song, "Mighty Oregon.
Loud and epic The 216 members of the Oregon Marching Band crammed in last-minute rehearsals starting Jan.
Preliminary rounds will conclude with an exhibition performance by the Oregon Marching Band at 2:42 p.