140) Tanner, 1:489, 491; Castellano, 354v, 376v (Albertus Castellanus Venetus, Ordinis Praedicatorum auctor).
What does OP stand for?
OP stands for Ordinis Praedicatorum (Latin: Order of Preachers)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OP
We have 29 other meanings of OP in our Acronym Attic
- Oral Participation
- Oral Presentation
- Oral Production (test)
- Orbit Prediction
- Orbiter Payload
- Order of Preachers (Roman Catholicism; Dominican)
- Order of Precedence
- Order of the Pelican (Society for Creative Anachronism)
- Order Point
- Order Processing
- Ordnance Pamphlet
- Ordnance Personnel (US Navy)
- Ordnance Publication
- Ordo Praedicatorum (Latin: Order of Preachers; formal name of Dominicans, a Catholic religious institution)
- Organized Play (gaming)
- Organophosphate (insecticide)
- Organophosphorus (pesticide)
- Orienteering Problem
- Orifice Plate (flowmeters)
- Original Pack (pharmacology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acta capitulorum generalium Ordinis Praedicatorum ab anno 1380 usque ad annum 1498, Monumenta Ordinis Fratrum Praedicatorum Historica 8 (Rome: Institutum historicum Fratrum Praedicatorum, 1900), 100, 128, 140, 168, 198, and 207.