The lump sum W received served as a substitute for the ordinary income he would have otherwise received over a period of time.
What does OI stand for?
OI stands for Ordinary Income (US IRS)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OI
We have 18 other meanings of OI in our Acronym Attic
- Optical Isolator (Telcordia)
- Optimist International (St. Louis, MO)
- Optimum Interpolation
- Opto-Isolator (electronics)
- Oral Irrigator (dentistry)
- Oratorical Interpretatioin (high school forensics)
- Orbit Infotech (New Delhi, India)
- Orcas Island (Washington)
- Order for Information (EPA)
- Order Intake
Samples in periodicals archive:
The IRS reclassified it as ordinary income and assessed a $660,784 deficiency.
tax only on its ordinary income received from sources within the U.
Consulting or employment agreement payments are immediately deductible when paid by the buyer, and are included as ordinary income by the selling shareholders when received.
In the above example the shareholder recognizes $20 ordinary income from operations and either $4 of capital gain or ordinary income, depending on the nature of the debt.