In 1970 her dedication was honoured when she was made a sister of the Venerable Order of St John of Jerusalem.
What does OStJ stand for?
OStJ stands for Order of St John
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OStJ
- Ordo Sacer Templi et Graalis (Spanish: Sacred Order of the Temple and the Grail)
- Open Source Treasure Hunt
- Office of Science, Technology and Higher Education (Switzerland)
- Occupational Safety Training Institute (Sparks, NV)
- Ocean Science and Technology for Islands (India)
- Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Open and Secure Terminal Initiative
- Organization for Social and Technological Innovation (Boston, MA)
- Ortadoðu Sanayi ve Ticaret Merkezi (Middle East Industry and Commerce Center; Ankara, Turkey)
- Officer of the Order of St John
- Open-Shop Scheduling with Tuning Latencies
- Optical Saturation Thermal Lens
- Optical Systems and Technology Laboratory (University of Victoria)
- Order Ship Time Level
- Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund (EPA)
- Optical Saturation Thermal Lens Spectrometry
- Ocean Surface Topography Mission (Jason-2)
- Oil Spill Trajectory Modelling
- Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage (Rochester and Syracuse, NY)
- Ohio Sports Turf Managers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was made a Member of the Order of St John in 1981, he became an Officer in 1987 and a Commander in 2009.
Christine, 63, pictured right, of Hartburn, Stockton, currently deputy county president of North Yorkshire and Teesside St John Ambulance, has been created a prestigious Dame of the Order of St John in recognition of unbroken, outstanding service to the Order.
As a result of his blue blood Harold has been made a hereditary Knight of Maltan, Order of St John of Jerusalem.
Flying Officer Emma, 27, from South Shields, received the Order of St John of Jerusalem life-saving award in recognition of her efforts to help two injured Belgian walkers in the French Pyrenees in May.
The Venerable Order of St John is a Royal Order of Chivalry with the Queen as head.
He left a share in his estate to The Order of St John, Priory for Wales; he also left pounds 50,000 each to International Glaucoma Association, Hope House Hospice, Parkinson's Disease Society, League of Friends of the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital (Gobowen), the League of Friends of the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, and to Derwen College (Oswestry).
CAPTION(S): Pink ribbon large cross - CBE (Commander, Order of British Empire)' Cross, purple and white ribbon - Military Cross' Smaller cross -Maltese Cross, Order of St John.