Sydney, Oct 17( ANI ): Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard's decision to honour cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar with the Order of Australia medal has not gone down well with the country's media.
What does OAM stand for?
OAM stands for Order of Australia Medal
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OAM
We have 92 other meanings of OAM in our Acronym Attic
- Operational Asset Management
- Operations Administration and Maintenance (ethernet protocol)
- Operations and Maintenance cell (ATM)
- Opportunity, Ability and Motivation (behavior framework)
- Optical Amplifier Module
- Optimized Adaptive Modulation (electronics)
- Optional Assessment Materials
- Oracle Access Management
- Oracle Access Manager
- Orbital Angular Momentum
- Order of the Archangel Michael (gaming guild)
- Organisation of Active Micronations (est. 2009)
- ORIX Asset Management (Japan)
- Orthogonal Amplitude Modulation
- Orthopedic Appliance Mechanic (US Navy)
- Osaka Auto Messe (auto show; Japan)
- Operations, Administration, Maintenance & Provisioning (also seen as OAMP)
- Oklahoma Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Once a Month Association
- Oregon Airport Management Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was also a Warrant Officer Bandmaster in the Australian Army, and was awarded the Order of Australia Medal for his services to music in Queensland.
He had been awarded the Order of Australia Medal (OAM), and a similar medal from the Indonesian government, for his dedication in promoting Indonesian culture in Australia, Utama said.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] An Iranian-Australian has been honored this month with the Order of Australia medal for his efforts with multicultural organizations and helping Australian aborigines.
Today Nicole will be presented with her Order of Australia medal for service to the performing arts.