RENOWNED: Johnson The London Handel Players will play The Best Of Baroque at Holy Trinity Church on October 20 and there will be more Baroque music when harpsichordist Steven Devine, co-principal keyboard player with the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, plays harpsichord hits in the Guild Chapel, Chapel Street, on October 17.
What does OAE stand for?
OAE stands for Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment (London, England)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OAE
We have 37 other meanings of OAE in our Acronym Attic
- Office of Agricultural Economics (Thailand)
- Office of Analysis and Evaluation
- Office of Applied Economics (NIST)
- Office of Attorney Ethics (New Jersey)
- Old Antarctic Explorer
- Operational Architecture Event
- Operational Asset Effectiveness
- Optimal Adaptive Estimation
- Or Approved Equal
- Orbital Analysis Engineer
- Organisasie vir Afrika-Eenheid
- Otoacoustic Emissions
- Outdoor Adventure Education (various locations)
- Overall Asset Effectiveness
- Oklahoma Art Education Association (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Old Antarctic Explorers Association
- Ontario Association of Education Advocates (Canada)
- Oregon Art Education Association (West Linn, OR)
- Occidental Arts and Ecology Center
- Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives
Samples in periodicals archive:
Much earlier in the history of music comes Handel's Theodora, actually one of his last oratorios (by its 1750 date he had long given up composing operas), and here given an immensely stylish staging in this 1996 production under the probing baton of William Christie conducting the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment.
The ingenious and appropriate sets were by Gideon Davey, and the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment played with marvellous verve and impeccable style for conductor Ottavio Dantone.
The team were significantly involved in the design of the main concert hall, the headquarters of the world-renowned London Sinfonietta and the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment with some of Arup's responsibilities including acoustic engineering, performance lighting and intercoms and stage engineering systems.
30pm, features 100 singers, the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment and soloists Carolyn Sampson, Iestyn Davies, James Gilchrist, Peter Harvey.
In March 2004 she made a rare and brave move to a fortepiano, a copy of an 1823 Brodmann, and amazed a packed Royal Festival Hall with a characterful and inspiring performance of Beethoven's Piano Concerto No 2 with the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, conducted by Mark Elder.
To say that the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment is in the very front rank of the world's large ensembles using original instruments tuned in the original way is to seem to be dealing in cliches.