Both were derived from Gemini orbital maneuvering engines and were of similar construction.
What does OME stand for?
OME stands for Orbital Maneuvering Engine
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OME
We have 61 other meanings of OME in our Acronym Attic
- Open Messaging Environment
- Open Microscopy Environment
- Operational Maneuver Element (US DoD)
- Operational Mission Environment
- Optical Multiservice Edge (Nortel)
- Optimal Manning Experiment (US Navy)
- Options Made Easy
- Optronics & Missile Electronics (UK)
- Oral Mechanism Examination (speech pathology)
- Oral Motor Exercises (used in speech pathology)
- Order of Magnitude Estimate
- Original Manufacturer Equipment
- Osaka Mercantile Exchange
- Osteopathic Medical Education
- Otitis Media with Effusion
- Outer Mailing Envelope (marketing)
- Overall Machine Efficiency (paper production)
- Ohio Mid-Eastern Regional Education Service Agency
- Ohio Mid-Eastern Regional Education Service Agency (school districts services)
- Office of Minority Educational Affairs (Cornell University; Ithaca, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is equipped with Orbital Maneuvering Engines, as well as gas generators supporting the Auxiliary Power Units, which was also used by the last Shuttle mission in 1981.