Versions of Orion motors are also used on the Ground-based Midcourse Defense Orbital Boost Vehicle.
What does OBV stand for?
OBV stands for Orbital Boost Vehicle
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OBV
We have 11 other meanings of OBV in our Acronym Attic
- Operations In Build Up Areas
- Open Below the Upper Bollinger Band (stocks)
- Office of the Board for Undergraduate Studies (various locations)
- Orthopedic Brace Upright Support
- Oxford Brookes University Sub-Aqua Club
- Obligated Volunteer (Vietnam era term of service classification for certain Army officers)
- On Balance Volume (market momentum indicator that relates volume to price change; developed by Joseph Granville)
- On Board Video
- Operation Black Vote (UK)
- Order Book Value (business/finance)
- Organic Bamboo Velour (cloth product)
- Österr Bridgesport Verband (Austrian Bridge Federation)
- Outside Broadcast Van (various companies)
- Oxidizer Bleed Valve (US NASA)
- Österreichische Beamtenversicherung (German)
- On-Board Visual Aimer Continuation Trainer
- Outer Banks Visitors Bureau (North Carolina)
- Object Based Video Coding
- Operation Black Vote Canada (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) announced today that a two-stage configuration of its flight-proven Orbital Boost Vehicle (OBV) was successfully flight-tested earlier today in the Booster Verification Test-1 (BVT-1) mission that originated from Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB), CA.
Orbital Sciences Corporation has joined the team as an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for the GMD Orbital Boost Vehicle, and Northrop Grumman has joined the team as an OEM for the GMD Fire Control and Communications.
Department of Defense; and the Orbital Boost Vehicle (OBV) for MDA's Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) program.
Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE:ORB) announced today that its Orbital Boost Vehicle (OBV), which is the booster rocket for the Ground-Based Interceptor (GBI), was successfully launched as part of a test of the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) program.
Orbital's Ground- based Midcourse Defense Orbital Boost Vehicle (GMD OBV) is a three-stage system based on flight-proven hardware that has flown 45 times on missions for Pegasus(R), Taurus(R) and Minotaur space launch vehicles.
The company also delivered an Orbital Boost Vehicle (OBV) missile defense interceptor for deployment in the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) system and one Coyote anti-ship target missile during the third quarter.
In addition to this year's busy target vehicle schedule, we are progressing right on schedule with the development and test of the new Orbital Boost Vehicle interceptor for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense system," he added.