Additionally, VimpelCom may give 51% of Orascom Telecom Algerie to the Algerian government in exchange for cancelling certain sanctions (a ban on foreign currency payments and foreign equipment imports) against the company, the report said, citing Algeria newspaper Al-Fadjr.
What does OTA stand for?
OTA stands for Orascom Telecom Algerie (est; 1998; various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OTA
We have 167 other meanings of OTA in our Acronym Attic
- Operational Test Agency
- Operational Test Authority
- Operational Transconductance Amplifier
- Operational Transconductor Amplifier
- Optical Telescope Assembly
- Optical Transition Amplitude
- Optical Trapping Applications
- Optical Tube Assembly (telescopes)
- Oracle Training Administrator/Administration
- Oracle Transport Agent
- Orchard Training Area
- Order to Acceptance (project management)
- Ordered to Appear (legal courts)
- Ordnance Transmission Assembly
- Oregon Telephone Association
- Organic Trade Association
- Organized Team Activities (football)
- Organized Team Activity
- Original Total Annihilation
- Orthodontic Technicians Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Weather Investments, the Luxembourg-based company that owns a stake in Orascom Telecom, is seeking $5 billion from the Algerian government for alleged harassment and interference of its Algerian operation, Orascom Telecom Algerie, the Financial Times reported.
In a statement, VimpelCom said it has entered into a non-binding MoU with the Algerian state and "agreed that it will consider selling a majority stake in Orascom Telecom Algerie (OTA), subject to an acceptable price and satisfaction of other conditions.
Orascom Telecom, the largest telecommunications company in the Middle East, appealed last week against the North African country's decision that its Orascom Telecom Algerie subsidiary, known as Djezzy, owes US$596.
MENA Comptel to provide service solutions to Djezzy Finnish support systems company Comptel signed an agreement with Algerian mobile operator Orascom Telecom Algerie (Djezzy), a fully-owned subsidiary of Egypt 's Orascom Telecom Holding, to enhance provisioning and activating services' solutions.