OEO is not a new breakfast cereal - it stands for Optical-Electronic-Optical.
What does O-E-O stand for?
O-E-O stands for Optical-Electronic-Optical (switch)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 28 other meanings of O-E-O in our Acronym Attic
- Oxidizer Group 3
- Octal to Binary
- Originating Basic Call State Model
- Osaka Business and Investment Center (Japan)
- O-type Backward-Wave Oscillator
- Optical Code Division Multiple Access
- Optical Carrier-Suppressed Single Sideband (also seen as OCS-SSB)
- Octal to Decimal
- Zero Dimensional
- Off-Load Day (US DoD)
- Ornamental Fish Information Service Highlights
- Orientation Flight
- Obese With Impaired Glucose Tolerance
- Organizational Level (Maintenance)
- Optical Line Terminating Multiplexer (also abbreviated OLTM)
- Outstanding North American Agility Trial Champion (Double NATCH)
- Optimum Non-Coherent Decision Feedback
- Original Negative (cinematography)
- Kingside Castle (chess notation)
- Owner Operator (trucking industry; also seen as O/O)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a separate announcement, MRV also debuted a Gigabit / 10-Gigabit Metro Ethernet switching module for the LambdaDriver, making it the industry's first packet optical networking solution to support both ROADM (all optical - or OOO) and optical-electronic-optical (OEO) cross connect functionality in the same chassis.
Noam Lotan, president and CEO, MRV Communications, commented, "The development of Optical Crossing's SOAs is a step forward in the development of all-optical networks, as it will allow signals to remain in the optical domain and reduce the number of optical-electronic-optical (OEO) conversions required in a network.
The regenerator has an optical-electronic-optical (O/E/O) function that enables it to be used at terminal sites as a transponder for converting short-reach optics into long-reach optics or as a regenerator at line sites.