The new 40G-ready network uses products from the Nortel Metro Ethernet Network's portfolio including Common Photonic Layer and Optical Multiservice Edge 6500 and also Nortel's electronic Dynamic Compensating Optics (eDCO) technology.
What does OME stand for?
OME stands for Optical Multiservice Edge (Nortel)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OME
We have 61 other meanings of OME in our Acronym Attic
- Oh My Emmett
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Athens, OH)
- Oil Mist Eliminator (filter; various companies)
- Old Man Emu (suspension systems; Park City, UT)
- Ontario Ministry of the Environment (Canada)
- Open Market Edition
- Open Messaging Environment
- Open Microscopy Environment
- Operational Maneuver Element (US DoD)
- Operational Mission Environment
- Optimal Manning Experiment (US Navy)
- Options Made Easy
- Optronics & Missile Electronics (UK)
- Oral Mechanism Examination (speech pathology)
- Oral Motor Exercises (used in speech pathology)
- Orbital Maneuvering Engine
- Order of Magnitude Estimate
- Original Manufacturer Equipment
- Osaka Mercantile Exchange
- Osteopathic Medical Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bell Canada will use the Nortel Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 and Optical Multiservice Edge 6500 to create a resilient, high-bandwidth transport network that connects all venues and supporting sites, with the Ethernet Routing Switch 5000 Series converging communications at all location sites.