For 40 Gbps, there are three distance objectives: at least one meter over a backplane, at least 10 meters over a copper cable assembly and at least 100 meters on optical multimode 3 (OM3) multimode fiber (MMF).
What does OM3 stand for?
OM3 stands for Optical Multimode 3 (ISO/IEC; fiber with 50/125 Micron dimensions and high bandwidth)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OM3
- Operation, Maintenance and Repair
- Operating Materials & Supplies (various agencies)
- Operations, Maintenance, and Sustainment (US Air Force)
- Operation and Maintenance (Appropriation), Army/Navy/Air Force/Marine Corps
- Osteomalacia and/or Adynamic Disease
- Optical Multiplexer/Optical Amplifier (Bellcore)
- Opticalman First Class (Naval Rating)
- Optical Multimode 2 (ISO/IEC; fiber with 50/125 Microns dimensions)
- Opticalman Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Oceaneering Multi-Purpose Micro Manipulator
- Opticalman Third Class (Naval Rating)
- Optimus Mini-Three
- Object Management Architecture
- Object-based Mapping Automata
- Oceanside Museum of Art (California)
- Ocular Motor Apraxia
- Odd-Mode Analysis
- Off Madison Ave (advertising; Arizona)
- Office for Metropolitan Architecture (Netherlands)
- Office of Management and Administration
Samples in periodicals archive:
Optical multimode 3 (OM3) fiber supports extended gigabit drive distances, pushing the evolution and extension of enterprise networks.