In addition, the pilot stated that his carrier landing technique was to use his Automated Carrier Landing System (ACLS) needles as his primary reference and use the Fresnel Lens Optical Landing System, or meatball, as a backup for glide slope information.
What does OLS stand for?
OLS stands for Optical Landing System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OLS
We have 128 other meanings of OLS in our Acronym Attic
- Online Service
- Online System
- Ontario Land Surveyor (Ontario, Canada)
- Open Location Services
- Operation Liberty Shield
- Operation Lifeline Sudan
- Operation Lifesaver (various locations)
- Operational Line Scanner
- Operational Linescan System
- Optical LAN (Local Area Network) Solutions (Verizon)
- Optical Line Scanner
- Optical Line System
- Optical Link System
- Oracle Label Security (software feature)
- Orbital Launch Services
- Order of the Lion of Styria (apostolic religious order; Northridge, CA)
- Ordinary Least Squares
- Organizational Leadership and Supervision
- Orix Leasing Singapore
- Orthogonal Least Square
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ship also has the Improved Fresnel Lens Optical Landing System, IFLOLS.
The pilot then adds power as necessary to maintain glideslope position as indicated on the tower's optical landing system.