Optic neuritis involves inflammation of the optic nerve, causing a loss of vision that is usually temporary.
What does ON stand for?
ON stands for Optic Neuritis (ophthalmology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ON
We have 11 other meanings of ON in our Acronym Attic
- Obligaciones Negociables (Spanish: Corporate Bonds)
- Observational Nursery
- Occultation Newsletter (International Occultation Timing Association)
- Off Now
- Old Navy
- Old Norse
- On-demand Network
- Online Node (website)
- Ontario Network
- Optical Network
- Optical Networking
- Ordre Nouveau (French political group)
- Organizational Notary
- Orochinagi (game)
- Österreichisches Normungsinstitut (Austria)
- Ostfriesische Nachrichten (German newspaper)
- OverNight (cell growth)
- Öffentliche Kommunikationsnetze
- Oklahoma & National Agency Leaders Emergency Response Training
Samples in periodicals archive:
Optic neuritis is an inflammatory demyelinating disease of the optic nerve and often occurs as an acute episode of MS.
Explaining the downside of diabetes, Dr Khandekar said that a person with diabetes develops diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, early cataract, frequent eye infections, optic neuritis, muscle paralysis and other minor conditions.
Introduction In most parts of the world acute demyelinating optic neuritis (ON) is the most common cause of unilateral painful visual loss in a young adult.
In Wilson's case, not only did the optic neuritis eventually disappear, "It got completely better," she says.
OCT detects changes in the RNFL, which contains unmyelinated axons subject to damage in glaucomatous and ischemic optic neuropathies ; more recently, OCT has been applied to optic neuritis (ON) .
The 23-year-old from Co Galway was left with 20% vision when she contracted Bilateral Optic Neuritis.