8) Treatment options Treatments can be broadly divided into two approaches, namely those based on opioid withdrawal and relapse prevention and those based on opioid substitution treatment (OST), the latter sometimes being referred to as opioid replacement or opioid maintenance treatment.
What does OMT stand for?
OMT stands for Opioid Maintenance Treatment
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OMT
We have 108 other meanings of OMT in our Acronym Attic
- Oh My Twilight
- Old Merchant Taylors' Society (UK)
- Onboard Maintenance Training (Navy)
- One More Thing
- One More Time
- Online Money Transfer
- Operation, Maintenance and Tolling
- Operational Maintenance Test
- Operational Management Team
- Ophthalmic Medical Technology
- Order Management Tool (software)
- Ordo Militaris Templi (gaming)
- Organisation Mondiale du Tourisme
- Organización Mexicana de Traductores (Mexican Organization Translators)
- Organización Mundial del Turismo (Spanish: World Tourism Organization; UN)
- Organization and Management Theory
- Organizational Maintenance Technician
- Organizational Maintenance Test
- Organizzazione Mondiale del Turismo (Italian: World Tourism Organization)
- Organophilic Montmorillonite (polymer science)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The previously cited 2004 consensus document (TIP 40) from the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment indicates that while buprenorphine may be used for treatment of opiate withdrawal (detoxification): The preponderance of research evidence and clinical experience, however, indicates that opioid maintenance treatments have a much higher likelihood of long-term success than do any forms of withdrawal treatment (CSAT 2004: 20).