During the focused forum, command officials gave attendees a large list of major joint urban operations areas of interest: * Difficulties associated with identifying and targeting adversaries * Command, control, and communications (C3) systems that operate reliably in urban environments and underground * Platform and personnel navigation systems that operate reliably in urban environments and underground * Multi-spectral and integrated intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) sensors capable of seeing through roofs, walls, structures, and vehicles at some standoff distance.
What does OPAREA stand for?
OPAREA stands for Operations Area
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OPAREA
- Objectivism: the Philosophy of Ayn Rand (book by Leonard Peikoff)
- Office of Payment Accuracy and Recovery (Oregon Department of Human Services; Salem, OR)
- Office of Policy Analysis and Review
- Office of Public and Alumni Relations (Rutgers University; New Jersey)
- Oregon Partnership for Alzheimer's Research
- Office of Professional Accountability Review Board (Seattle, WA)
- Office of the Principal Assistant Responsible for Contracting
- Ontario Pomona Association for Retarded Citizens (est. 1950; California)
- Orange Park Amateur Radio Club (Orange Park, FL)
- Operating Area
- Ontario Portuguese Amateur Radio Group
- OpenMP (Open Multi-Processing) Pragma and Region Instrumentor (data-collecting software)
- Opinion of the Army Judge Advocate General (US DoD)
- Optimum Path Aircraft Routing System
- Oconee Performing Arts Society (Greensboro, GA)
- Office of the Pensions Advisory Service (UK)
- Officer Performance Appraisal System
- On Press Application System (Mead Corporation)
- Ontario Plein Air Society (Canada)
- Opera and Performing Arts Society (Texas A&M University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 224 F/A-18SD Hornet was lost over the southern California operations area on 17 January, with no fatalities.
Soon we were strapped into the jump seats and in the air en route to the nearby operations area over Willoughby Bay.