Selected to Brigadier General, Marks became the Executive Officer to the Commanding General, Stabilization Force in Bosnia during Operation ALLIED FORCE, the military operation that resulted in the arrest of the war criminal, Slobodan Milosevic.
What does OAF stand for?
OAF stands for Operation Allied Force
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OAF
We have 33 other meanings of OAF in our Acronym Attic
- Oklahoma Association of Emergency Vehicle Technicians
- Oregon Association for the Education of Young Children
- Object Activation Framework (computing)
- Objective Award Fee
- Office of Administration and Finance (various locations)
- Officer Assignment Folder
- Old and Fat
- Only A Fool
- Open Air Factor
- Open Architecture Framework
- Optical Alignment Facility (NASA)
- Oracle Applications Framework
- Organizations, Appropriations, and Finance
- Orlando Advertising Federation
- Orthopaedic Acronym Finder
- Osteoclast Activating Factor
- Overseas Aid Fund (Australia)
- Oxcops and Alex_Knight Forum (GlockTalk web forum)
- Observatorio Astronomico Felix Aguilar (Spanish: Felix Aguilar Astronomical Observatory; Argentina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Operation Allied Force in 1999 was an airpower success, but the interwar era of the 1990s ended dramatically with the Pearl Harbor-like attacks of 11 September 2001.
After brief reviews of the relationship between the UN and NATO and the leadership role that a Secretary-General can provide, this article examines the political relationship between Kofi Annan and Javier Solana across three stages of NATO's 1999 Operation Allied Force in Kosovo.
We used it for the first time in Operation Allied Force in the Kosovo conflict in 1999.
Despite being published in 2003, Crickmore's work stops abruptly in 1999 by briefly mentioning the shoot-down of an F-117 by Serb forces during Operation Allied Force.
The Allied Force bar to the Star will be awarded to aircrew who flew at least five sorties during Operation ALLIED FORCE in 1999, while those who provided direct support in Aviano or Vicenza will get the Medal and bar.
Since its inception, AMC has been called upon by the National Command Authorities to support major contingencies and humanitarian operations around the world, including Operation Allied Force in Kosovo, Operations Joint Endeavor and Provide Promise in Bosnia-Herzegovina; Support Hope in Rwanda; Maintain Democracy in Haiti; Restore Hope in Somalia; and Phoenix Scorpion I, II, III and IV in Southwest Asia.