Open Reduction Internal Fixation with Locking Plate With the advent of locked plates, this technology was applied to the proximal humerus to provide the advantages of a fixed-angled implant without the difficulties and limitations of first generation fixed angle (blade plate) fixation.
What does ORIF stand for?
ORIF stands for Open Reduction Internal Fixation (medical procedure)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of ORIF in our Acronym Attic
- Operating Room Information and Communication System
- Optical Ranging, IFF, & Communication System
- Objective, Reflective, Interpretive, Decisional (discussion method)
- Oregon Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Other Related Infectious Diseases
- Operations Research and Industrial Engineering
- Online Research Information Environment for the Life Sciences
- Observatory of Research on Innovation in Education New Technologies Evaluation (Austria)
- Oak Ridge Isotope Generator
- Object Reuse in Geospatial Information
- Organisation for an International Geographical Indications Network
- Target Proceeding In Original Direction
- Oklahoma Resources Integrated General Information Network Systems
- Oncology Research International Limited (Perth, Western Australia)
- Open Reversible Inflatable Liferafts
- Oregon Review of International Law (student journal)
- Overaged Reparable Item List
Samples in periodicals archive:
Anderson concluded that Conte needed an open reduction internal fixation (ORIF).
Apergis and colleagues (13) performed a study where 20 patients were treated by open reduction internal fixation (ORIF) and eight patients by closed reduction and casting.
20) Open reduction internal fixation is preferred and thought to offer the highest chance of a favorable functional outcome after most displaced acetabular fractures.