But now, a bill proposed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), will expand the opportunities for federal off-shore open ocean aquaculture (OOA) in the EEZ--the Exclusive Economic Zone--that rings the American coastline from 3 to 200 miles out.
What does OOA stand for?
OOA stands for Open Ocean Aquaculture
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OOA
We have 34 other meanings of OOA in our Acronym Attic
- Optimizing Oberon 2 Compiler (development platform)
- Oracle Objects for OLE (Oracle)
- Object Oriented Analysis
- Office of Agriculture (various organizations)
- Office of the Americas (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- Ohio Optometric Association (Worthington, OH)
- Ohio Osteopathic Association
- Oklahoma Osteopathic Association (est. 1900)
- Old Order Amish
- On Or About
Samples in periodicals archive:
We wanted to see if it was possible to farm fish and shellfish offshore, in an extreme environment like the Gulf of Maine," says Richard Langan, director of the University of New Hampshire's Open Ocean Aquaculture project, which is also raising halibut, mussels and sea scallops in sunken cages.