Miller published the largest case series to date in which open lung biopsy was used to diagnose 38 cases of constrictive bronchiolitis and 11 other lung ailments in 49 Fort Campbell soldiers with unexplained exertional dyspnea and normal pulmonary-function and cardiopulmonary-exercise testing (N.
What does OLB stand for?
OLB stands for Open Lung Biopsy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OLB
We have 29 other meanings of OLB in our Acronym Attic
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (NIH)
- Organization of Los Angeles Workers (Los Angeles, CA)
- Object Language Bindings (database management)
- Observable Language Behaviour (education)
- Offshore Life Boat
- Old Lazy Bastard
- Online Banking
- Online Bidding
- Online Billing (various organizations)
- Online Broker
- Operation Location Bravo
- Order of the Lost Boys
- Other Leading Brand
- Outdoor Living Brands
- Outer Lead Bond (semiconductors)
- Outside Linebacker
- Overpass Light Brigade (various locations)
- Beirut-Rafic Hariri International Airport (IACO code)
- Oak Lawn Bowling Association
- Office of the Legislative Budget Assistant
Samples in periodicals archive:
After 14 days, as the chylous drainage continued in the same degree, we performed thoracic duct ligation and open lung biopsy with right thoracotomy (Figure 2).
Dr Christina Anderlind said: "The current tests are highly invasive, such as open lung biopsy.
An open lung biopsy was performed because of an uncommon radiologic pattern rarely observed in patients with an occupational history of glass fiber exposure.
Transbronchial biopsy in patients with pulmonary eosinophilic granuloma: comparison with findings on open lung biopsy.
It is less reliable than an open lung biopsy because the amount of tissue that can be sampled is sometimes inadequate for diagnostic studies.