Open Language Archives Community The mission of the Open Language Archives Community (OLAC) is to create "a worldwide virtual library of language resources" through development of community-based standards for archiving and interoperability and a "network of interoperable repositories" (Open Language Archives Community, n.
What does OLAC stand for?
OLAC stands for Open Language Archives Community (language resource; est. 2000)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OLAC
We have 7 other meanings of OLAC in our Acronym Attic
- Open Learning Agency of Australia
- Organisatie Latijns Amerika Activiteiten (Dutch: Latin America Activities Organization; Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Organization of Latin American Affairs (Boston College; Boston, MA)
- Orlando Longwood Auto Auction (Longwood, FL)
- Opportunities to Learn about Business (various schools)
- Overseas Life Assurance Business Regulation 1999 (UK)
- Object-Level Access Control (computing)
- Observatorio Latinoamericano de Censos de Población (Portuguese: Latin American Observatory of Population Censuses)
- Office of Laboratory Animal Care (University of California, Berkeley)
- Online Audiovisual Catalogers
- Open Learning Access Centre (Training and Employment Agency; Northern Ireland, UK)
- Outdoor Lighting Application Center (Philips Electronics)
- Organization of Latin American and Caribbean Supreme Audit Institutions
- Organizacion Latinoamericana de Energia
- Office de Lutte Antifraude (EU-French)
- Office Européen de Lutte Antifraude (French: European Anti-Fraud Office)
- Offutt Lincoln Air Fields (Calvert Systems)
- Oficina Europea de la Lucha Antifraude (Europe)
- Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation
- On-Line Archive Facility (Very Large Telescope Science Archive System)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is a recently launched international project, the Open Language Archives Community (OLAC), to build an infrastructure linking language archives of all types together.