But the company turned around and angered the open source community when it tried to sell off some Linux-related patents only to be intercepted by Open Invention Network, which saved the patents from questionable buyers some labeled as "patent trolls.
What does OIN stand for?
OIN stands for Open Invention Network
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OIN
We have 19 other meanings of OIN in our Acronym Attic
- Offshore Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (energy)
- Optik Industrie Museum Rathenow (German: Optics Industry Museum Rathenow; Rathenow, Germany)
- Offender Integrated Management System (Australia)
- Office of Interagency Medical Services (US Marshals Service)
- Operations Integrity Management System
- Order and Inventory Management System
- Orissan Institute of Maritime and South East Asian Studies (India)
- Office of Information Management and Technology (various locations)
- Organizacion Internacional De Las Maderas Tropicales (Spanish: International Tropical Timber Organization)
- Office for Immigration and Nationality (Hungary)
- Opérations d'Intérêt National (French: Operations of National Interest)
- Organization of Imperial Nations (Cyber Nations alliance)
- Originator's Identification Number (direct debit identification number)
- Orona Innovation Network (Spain)
- Otaniemi International Network (Finland)
- Other Items Net
- Outer Info Network (advertising supported software)
- Open Interface North America
- Oak Island, North Carolina
- Ocracoke Island, North Carolina
Samples in periodicals archive:
lt;p>The Open Invention Network (OIN), whose members include IBM and Red Hat, is set to purchase a set of 22 patents once held by Microsoft from Allied Security Trust, (AST) sources close to the OIN confirmed Tuesday following a report in The Wall Street Journal.