Intermittency of wind power also requires standby generation by open cycle gas turbines (aero-derivative units) in order to attain rapid start-up and load following capability.
What does OCGT stand for?
OCGT stands for Open Cycle Gas Turbine
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of OCGT
- Oral Cancer Genomic Regional Array (oncology)
- Orihuela Costs Golf Resorts (UK)
- Over Current Ground Relay
- Oakland County Genealogical Society (Oakland County, Michigan)
- Office of the Chief of the General Staff (various locations)
- Oklahoma City Geological Society, Inc. (est. 1921; Oklahoma City, OK)
- Ontario Council on Graduate Studies (Council of Ontario Universities; Canada)
- Oro Christian Grace School (China)
- Oxford and Cambridge Golfing Society
- Open Collaborative Grid Service Architecture (UK)
- Ostschweizerisches Clairongardentreffen (German)
- O'Connell House (various locations)
- Obstacle Clearance Height (aviation)
- Office of Community Health (est. 2005; Stanford University School of Medicine; Stanford, CA)
- Oktibbeha County Hospital (Mississippi)
- Old Charlotte Highway Campus (South Piedmont Community College; Monroe, NC)
- Old Custom House (various locations)
- On-Campus Housing (various schools)
- Operators Clearing House
- Optical Channel
Samples in periodicals archive:
Open cycle gas turbines (OCGT) have the fastest start-up times.
ABB will design, supply and install the equipment and provide the grid connection for the 500 MW open cycle gas turbine (OCGT) power plant.
OPWP plans to convert the existing open cycle gas turbines to combined cycle gas turbine which will increase the power generating capacity of Al Kamil Power plant.
The unit, which was constructed in the early 1990s by Rolls Royce Ventures for Midlands Electricity, is a 26MW open cycle gas turbine plant.
Simpson said, In November 2011 CTEC was awarded the $150 million EPC Contract for the Open Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station Project in the East Pilbara.
The cost-effective fast-response power plant is likely to be open cycle gas turbines (OCGT).