Among specific topics are system integration of NFC ticketing into an existing public transport infrastructure, implementing open authentication for web services with a secure memory card, an NFC-based solution for discount and loyalty mobile coupons, and switching the role of NFC tag and reader to implement smart posters.
What does OATH stand for?
OATH stands for Open Authentication
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OATH
We have 4 other meanings of OATH in our Acronym Attic
- Office of Apprenticeship Training, Employer, and Labor Services (US DoL)
- Ongwediva Annual Trade Fair (Ongwediva, Namibia)
- Open Architecture Test Facility (US Navy)
- Organic Advisory Task Force (Minnesota)
- Out at the Fair (est. 2011)
- Ontario Association of Teachers of German
- Oxford Asian Textile Group (UK)
- Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (New York, NY)
- OK, Allow slack, Take up slack, Help (underground/underwater rescue using a tending line)
- Ontario Association of Trading Houses (Canada)
- Organization of African Traditional Healers
- Oswald and the Herringbones (band)
- One-in-a-Thousand Society (est. 1992; high IQ society)
- Obligation Assimilable du Trésor Indexée sur l'iinflation
- Ontario Agricultural Training Institute (energy industry software developer)
- Open Access Technology International, Inc
- Obligation Assimilable du Trésor Indexée sur l'estimation (Provisoire de l'Indice des Prix)
- On a Totally Irrelevant Subject
- Ohio Association of Teachers of Japanese
- Ochrana A Tvorba Krajiny (Slovak)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On Monday, VeriSign introduced the Open Authentication Reference Architecture, which it abbreviates to OATH, and said it will start selling authentication tokens later this year to drive adoption of the architecture.
While the new Open Authentication Reference Architecture (OATH) project, announced yesterday by VeriSign Inc, seems to have the erosion of RSA's dominance in mind, ActivCard is apparently not 100% sold on the idea, despite being a member.