They used the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAIPMH) as the standard for harvesting the records.
What does OAI-PMH stand for?
OAI-PMH stands for Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Oracle Academic Initiative
- Organizational Activity Interface
- Organizational Assessment and Improvement (National Cemetery Administration; US VA)
- Organizational Assessment Instrument (US DHHS)
- Other Accompanying Information (federal finances)
- Outdoor Advertising Incorporated
- Outlook Add-In
- Outside Air Intake
- Oxford Asymmetry International (pharmaceuticals)
- Österreichisches Archäologisches Institut (German: Austrian Archaeological Institute; Austria)
- Oakland Association of Insurance Agents (Oakland, CA)
- Ontario Association for Impact Assessment (Canada)
- Open Arm-Induced Antinociception
- Oregon Association of Independent Accountants
- Old-Age Insurance Benefits (US SSA)
- Orta Anadolu Ihracatçi Birlikleri (Central Anatolian Exporters Unions)
- Osama American in Bondage (Sam Time book)
- Ocwen Asset Investment Corporation
- Office Algérien Interprofessionnel des Céréales
- Office of Australian Industry Capability
Samples in periodicals archive:
Metadata Communication XooNIps utilizes the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) ,  to support interoperability with other XooNIps platforms, and with other digital repositories such as DSpace and EPrints servers , .
And the request might be initiated by another program, such as a Web search engine's indexing bots, RSS aggregators, the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) harvesters, or similar programs that index materials for location on the Web or otherwise facilitate access.