They used the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAIPMH) as the standard for harvesting the records.
What does OAIPMH stand for?
OAIPMH stands for Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Online Academy of Irish Music (music education)
- Open Architecture Investment Management
- Open Arms Internet Ministry (biblical counseling)
- Ohio Aggregates and Industrial Minerals Association
- Ohio Association for Infant Mental Health
- Or Am I Missing Something?
- Ohio Aerospace Institute Neural Network
- Office of American Indian Projects (Arizona State University)
- Ohio Automobile Insurance Plan
- Ontario Assessment Instrument Pool (Ministry of Education; Ontario, Canada)
- Objective Assessment of Image Quality
- Office of Assessment and Institutional Research
- Ohio Association for Institutional Research and Planning
- Officer Assignment Information System
- Ohio Association of Independent Schools
- Open Archival Information System (library and information science)
- Opinion, Attitude, and Interest Survey
- Ottawa Area Intermediate School District (Holland, Michigan)
- Overaction of the Ipsilateral Superior Oblique
- Office of American Indian Trust
Samples in periodicals archive:
Metadata Communication XooNIps utilizes the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) ,  to support interoperability with other XooNIps platforms, and with other digital repositories such as DSpace and EPrints servers , .
And the request might be initiated by another program, such as a Web search engine's indexing bots, RSS aggregators, the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) harvesters, or similar programs that index materials for location on the Web or otherwise facilitate access.