The workflow presented for the archive of the construction design documentation is based on ISO Reference Model for an Open Archival Information System (OAIS) for a data repository system [8, 9, 10] (Fig 1).
What does OAIS stand for?
OAIS stands for Open Archival Information System (library and information science)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OAIS
We have 2 other meanings of OAIS in our Acronym Attic
- Ohio Aerospace Institute Neural Network
- Office of American Indian Projects (Arizona State University)
- Ohio Automobile Insurance Plan
- Ontario Assessment Instrument Pool (Ministry of Education; Ontario, Canada)
- Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting
- Objective Assessment of Image Quality
- Office of Assessment and Institutional Research
- Ohio Association for Institutional Research and Planning
- Officer Assignment Information System
- Ohio Association of Independent Schools
- Opinion, Attitude, and Interest Survey
- Ottawa Area Intermediate School District (Holland, Michigan)
- Overaction of the Ipsilateral Superior Oblique
- Office of American Indian Trust
- Office of Apprenticeship Information and Training (Washington, DC)
- Ontario Association of Interval and Transition Housing (Canada)
- Old and in the Way
- Omni Air International Virtual (simulations)
- Overseas Absentee Internet Voting (Philippine Commission on Elections)
- Jacksonville, NC, USA (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Standards such as the Open Archival Information System (OMS) reference model (1) are also recognized universally.
Australia: Public Record Office of Victoria, April 2000; and Reference Model for an Open Archival Information System -- CCSDS 650.
Reference Model for an Open Archival Information System.