Literature Review Digital Library and Open Access to Knowledge According to Shiri (2003), the Digital Library Federation defines digital library as: "Organizations that provide the resources, including the specialized staff, to select, structure, offer intellectual access to, interpret, distribute, preserve the integrity of, and ensure the persistence over time of collections of digital works so that they are readily available for use by a defined community or set of communities".
What does OAK stand for?
OAK stands for Open Access to Knowledge (Law Project, Australian Commonwealth Department of Education)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OAK
We have 29 other meanings of OAK in our Acronym Attic
- Ontario Association of Junior Educators (Canada)
- Office of Adult and Juvenile Justice Assistance (Colorado)
- Oakland Raiders (football team)
- Oakland, CA, USA - Metropolitan Oakland International Apt (Airport Code)
- Object Application Kernel
- Oda e Avokatëve Të Kosovës (Albanian: Kosovo Chamber of Advocates)
- OEM Adaptation Kit for Windows CE (Microsoft)
- Oklahoma-Arkansas-Kansas League (baseball)
- One of A Kind
- Online Army Knife (JEM Software)
- Optic Atrophy, Kjer Type
- Orange Ant Koala
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Outstanding Alumnus of Kentucky
- Ovarian Awareness of Kentucky
- Österreichische Ärztekammer (German)
- Obstacles; Avenues of Approach; Key Terrain; Observation; Cover and Concealment
- Athens Olympic Sports Complex (Greek)
- Opensource Application Knowledge Association (computing)
- Omar Asghar Khan Development Foundation (Pakistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But we need to provide more open access to knowledge, we need to move away from GDP as the only measure of progress, and we need a new way of working internationally that is fit for the 21st century.