Ontario municipalities were disappointed to learn that the province's proposed framework to cap parts of Ontario's jointly sponsored public pension plans (JSPPs) will not apply to the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) plan.
What does OMERS stand for?
OMERS stands for Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System
This definition appears very frequently
We have 1 other meaning of OMERS in our Acronym Attic
- Organisation Mondiale pour l'Education Préscolaire (French: World Organization for Early Childhood Education)
- Organización Mundial para la Educación Preescolar (Spanish: World Organisation for Early Childhood Education)
- Overlap-Multipole-Expansion Procedure
- Obligation Material-In-Transit Expenditure Processing System
- Object-Oriented Modeling of Embedded Real-Time Systems
- Optical Music Easy Reader (shareware)
- Outcome Measures in Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Trials
- Office of Medical Education Research and Development (Michigan State University; Lansing, MI)
- Operations Management Education and Research Institute of Canada
- Olympics and Mega Events Research Observatory (University of Turin; Italy)
- Office of Management-Employee Services (Los Angeles Department of Public Works; Los Angeles, CA)
- Office of Marine Ecosystem Studies (US NOAA)
- Omnibus Multidiscipline Engineering Services (US NASA)
- One More Extra Stage (Dance Dance Revolution)
- Optimised Microturbine Energy System (project; EU)
- Otago Model Engineering Society
- Oregon Migrant Education Service Center
- Ontario Mineral Exploration Technologies (Canada)
- Open Market Emission Trading (pollution control program; various states)
- Oregon Municipal Electric Utilities Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Prior to joining CPPIB in 2008, he held senior roles at the private equity investment subsidiary of Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) and a number of companies in media, digital entertainment and communications.
Today, Enwave is a registered Ontario Business Corporation with two shareholders: the City of Toronto and the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System.
With a fully funded business plan, TeraGo has secured more than $24 million US from prominent institutional investors and venture capital firms such as Dolphin Equity Partners, Dynamic Ventures Opportunities Fund, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) and CIT Group.
Reviewed by Robert Wayne Gladstone, vice president of Administration, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System and a member of GFOA's Committee on Retirement and Benefits Administration.