THUNDER BAY The Ontario Metis Aboriginal Association (OMAA) has lost a bid to try and get constitutionally-protected Metis hunting and fishing rights recognized for its members.
What does OMAA stand for?
OMAA stands for Ontario Metis Aboriginal Association (Ontario, Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OMAA
We have 1 other meaning of OMAA in our Acronym Attic
- Orwin Manor Association (Winter Park, FL)
- Ostfriesischer Motorrad Anzeiger (German motorcycle magazine)
- Outdoor Ministries Association (Church of the Brethren camping and outdoor education)
- Outlook Mobile Access
- Outmusic Award (international gay music award)
- Output Module Arbiter
- Open Mobile Alliance Digital Rights Management
- Office for Multicultural and Academic Affairs (University of Minnesota)
- Oh My Aching Ass
- Okinawan Martial Arts Association (UK)
- Ontario Municipal Administrators' Association (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Ossett Martial Arts Academy (UK)
- Osztrák Magyar Akció Alapítvány (Hungarian: Austro-Hungarian Foundation for Action; Budapest, Hungary)
- One Mile at a Time (PointsPros, Inc.)
- OneBridge Mobile Application Acceleration Toolkit (trademark of Sybase)
- One Man Army and the Undead Quartet (band)
- Oh My Aching Back
- Ozark Man and the Biosphere (reserve)
- Observational Metahuman Activity Construct
- Ocala Municipal Arts Commission (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
That means organizations such as the Ontario Metis Aboriginal Association and the Ontario Aboriginal Forestry Coalition will have to negotiate with the government.
On appeal, the court granted intervenor status to four Aboriginal organizations: the Ontario Metis Aboriginal Association (OMAA), of which the Powleys were members in 1993; Aboriginal Services of Toronto (which provides legal advice); the Congress of Aboriginal Peoples; and the Metis National Council, with which the Metis Nation of Ontario (MNO) is affiliated.
Marie, Edmonton, Vancouver and Whitehorse in October, OAFC held its own meetings in Thunder Bay in November and December, which were hosted by the Ontario Metis Aboriginal Association (OMAA).
Since the ruling is based on Charter and constitutional grounds, it may help Metis in their quest for greater rights traditionally extended only to status Indians, said Robert MacRae, the lawyer representing the Ontario Metis Aboriginal Association in the casino case.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] OWEN SOUND The Ontario Metis Aboriginal Association held an information meeting in Owen Sound Oct.