Take for example a recent case in Ontario which has pushed a coalition of First Nations led by Nishnawbe Aski Nation to file a complaint with the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal.
What does OHRT stand for?
OHRT stands for Ontario Human Rights Tribunal (Ontario, Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OHRT
- Oklahoma Health Research Program (Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology)
- Organizational Human Resource Planning (Dell)
- Ottawa Human Resources Professionals Association (Canada)
- Oral Health-Related Quality of Life
- Open Heart Recovery Room
- Official Hamster Republic Role Playing Game Construction Engine
- Official Hamster Republic Role-Playing Game Creation Engine
- Office for Human Research Studies (Harvard University; Boston, MA)
- Ontario Hospital Reporting System (Canada)
- Orchestre d'Harmonie de Romilly Sur Andelle (Romilly-sur-Andelle, France)
- Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal (Canada)
- Orthopedic Horseback-Riding-Therapy (rehabilitation)
- Open Heart Recovery Unit
- Off Highway Recreational Vehicle
- Oakdale High School (Oakdale, CA)
- Oakfield High School (Oakfield, WI)
- Oakland High School (Oakland, CA)
- Oakley High School
- Oakton High School (Vienna, VA)
- Oberlin High School (Oberlin, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ontario Human Rights Tribunal has agreed to hear a complaint about the distribution of Gideon Bibles in the Canadian province's public schools.
The claimant's idiosyncratic manner of reasoning was quite puzzling to the various church committees, courts, commissions and especially the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal in his multiple appearances, and resulted in a total failure to make any sort of compelling argument to support his accusation of racial discrimination against the presbytery.
First Nations, led by Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN), have filed a complaint with the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal against the Thunder Bay Police Service.
On December 15, 2009, another appeal began this time in the Ontario Divisional Court against the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal (OHRT).
Earlier this year, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal likewise ruled that the managers of Christian Horizons, a non-profit organization that cares for some 1,400 developmentally handicapped persons, can profess the Christian faith, but had no right to fire a lesbian employee for violating her contractual promise to uphold the agency's lifestyle and morality code, which includes a ban on homosexual relationships.
In August, 2008, the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons (OCPS) warned Ontario physicians that if they do not help a patient who requests an abortion to make arrangements for it with an abortionist, he or she may be brought before the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal (OHRT) on a charge of professional misconduct, based on the Human Rights Code.
April 2008: The Ontario Human Rights Tribunal has ordered an evangelical Christian charity, Christian Horizons, to rescind its morality code and require employees to undergo anti-discriminatory training.