If a patron does experience discrimination, and a reasonable compromise can't be reached, he or she can file a complaint with the Ontario Human Rights Commission, Black said.
What does OHRC stand for?
OHRC stands for Ontario Human Rights Commission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OHRC
We have 37 other meanings of OHRC in our Acronym Attic
- Olde Hanwell Residents Association (UK)
- Ontario Health Record Association (now Ontario Health Information Management Association; Canada)
- Ontario Health Research Alliance (Canada)
- Ozarks Hunting Retriever Association (Arkansas)
- Ohio Historical Records Advisory Board
- Offshore Hazard and Risk Analysis Toolkit (Neptune)
- Ohio Human Rights Bar Association
- l'Orchestre d'Harmonie de la Région Centre
- Oklahoma Human Rights Commission
- Ontario Human Rights Code
- Operational Hourly Ride Capacity
- Oregon Holocaust Resource Center (Pacific University; Forest Grove, OR)
- Organisation and Human Resources Research Centre (EU)
- Ottawa Hospital Regional Cancer Centre (Canada)
- Office of Human Resource Development (a component of OWR)
- Organization and Human Resource Development
- Office of Human Radiation Experiments (US Department of Energy)
- Office of Human Research Ethics (University of North Carolina)
- Office of Human Resources and Education (US NASA)
- Oregon Health Research and Evaluation Collaborative (Salem)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Barbara Hall, Commissar of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, holds that today her Commission overrides all other rights, including the Charter's religious section.
Shaheen Azmi, acting director of the Policy, Education, Monitoring and Outreach Branch of the Ontario Human Rights Commission in Toronto.
Canada) analyzes how bureaucratic staff at the Ontario Human Rights Commission Inquiry processed submitted complaints over the course of 2001-2002 in order to understand how conflicts over cultural and legal definitions of human rights play themselves out through multiple interactions of the Canadian human rights process.
This Bill proposes to revise the administration and functions of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, provide that complaints about the infringement of rights under the Act are to be made directly to the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal and to revise the procedures and powers of the Tribunal with matters brought before it.
Intervenors included: Canadian Human Rights Commission, Ontario Human Rights Commission, Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario, African Canadian Legal Clinic, Empowerment Council--Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and Social Benefits Tribunal.
The student's appeal to the Ontario Human Rights Commission for redress was pending at the end of the period covered by this report.