With little popular resistance to the government's recent slashing of funding for critical poverty organizations like Ontario Coalition Against Poverty, it is clear that not only policy needs to be changed, but also our communities' understandings of it.
What does OCAP stand for?
OCAP stands for Ontario Coalition Against Poverty (Canada)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OCAP
We have 55 other meanings of OCAP in our Acronym Attic
- Ontario Common Assessment of Need (Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care)
- Oregon Classified Advertising Network (newspaper classified advertisement publishers)
- Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Nevada
- Optometry Council of Australia and New Zealand
- Office of the Chief Acquisition Officer (US GSA)
- Oxford Colleges Admissions Office (UK)
- Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of Shanghai Municipality
- Oecusse Ambeno-Activation Project (East Timor)
- Office of Child Abuse Prevention (California Department of Social Services)
- Online Court Assistance Program
- Open Cable Application Platform (middleware software specification)
- Open Circuit Access Policy
- Operating Criteria and Procedures (Newlands Reclamation Project; Nevada)
- Out of Control Action Plan (controlled document detailing procedure to disposition product/processes)
- Ohio Chinese American Professional Association
- Oregon Concrete Aggregate Producers Association (est. 1967; Salem, OR)
- Office of Consumer and Public Involvement (Canada)
- Orange County Asian and Pacific Islander Community Alliance
- Oklahoma City Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Office of Compliance Analysis and Program Operations (US EPA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another example of OECTA's political partisanship was that it intervened with the Attorney General of Ontario in a bid to have the government drop charges against John Clarke, a leader of the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty who was up on charges of counselling to participate in a riot and counselling to assault police.
FOR SEVEN YEARS NOW, the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty (OCAP) has been on the front lines in a struggle against the Tory regime in Ontario and its implementation of what activist Jaggi Singh has called a "voluntary structural adjustment program.