On August 26, 1971, the OCLC Online Union Catalog and Shared Cataloging system (now known as WorldCat) began operation.
What does OLUC stand for?
OLUC stands for Online Union Catalog
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of OLUC in our Acronym Attic
- Optic Line Terminal Unit
- Original Loan-to-Value ratio
- Orthotopic Liver Transplantation
- Columbus, Nebraska (airport code)
- Off-Label Use (prescribed use of drug not in accordance with label of FDA approval)
- Open Learning Unit (various locations)
- Organizacion de Latinos Unidos (Spanish: United Latino Organization)
- Organization for Lukumi Unity (African diaspora religion group)
- Our Little Universe (online forum)
- Ozarks Labor Union Archives (Missouri State University)
- Official Land Use District (San Bernardino, CA)
- Olympia Linux Users Group
- Object Oriented Librarian User Interface Tool (software)
- Office Microlaparoscopy Under Local Anesthesia
- Oro Loma Unified School District (California)
- Oh la Vache (French slang)
- On Line Validation
- On-Line Voting (Los Angeles, CA)
- Onder Leiding Van (Dutch: under the leadership of)
- One-Lung Ventilation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The resulting multitude of local approaches means that libraries are now often unable to create effective online union catalogs or to share bibliographic records.
Creation of an online union catalog is the first phase of a long-term project that will "likely lead to an automated interlibrary loan system" for hundreds of public, school, academic, corporate and institutional libraries in Hunterdon, Somerset, Sussex and Warren counties, according to Marsha Lubansky, Highlands' project coordinator.
For example, an online union catalog containing serials holding records of each member library could aid participating libraries in making critical canceling decisions cooperatively (Lenzini & Koppel, 1990, pp.