A sidebar about full-time virtual schools in DA ("Five Trends in Online Learning," March 2010) stated that the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) is "able to modify curriculum content to the specific needs of individual students.
What does OL stand for?
OL stands for Online Learning (also seen as OLL)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OL
We have 36 other meanings of OL in our Acronym Attic
- Offensive Lineman (football)
- Offer Letter (human resources)
- Office Lady (English term used in everyday Japanese for working unmarried young lady)
- Office Leader
- Official Language
- Old Latin
- Oldham (postcode, United Kingdom)
- Olympique Lyonnais (French football team)
- Olympiske Leker (Norwegian: Olympic Games)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, indications of self-regulation during online learning have not been extensively studied.
The recent stratospheric rise and equally precipitous fall of MicroStrategy stock has put online learning back in the spotlight.
Abstract This study investigates the students' perceptions of problem-based online learning in regard to computer mediated communication, benefits for learning, online support, motivation, and online collaboration.
Abstract A system of social, self-direction was implemented to address best-practices in online learning to allow students to "lead" in the teaching and learning dance, while also gaining course knowledge.
In this pilot study, the results suggest that student perceptions of online learning are equal or superior to the classroom experience.