From a recent Kaizen event in Holstein, for example, VT Industries was able to "drastically improve" its method for installing woodstops and glass in the doors by changing the process from batch to an inline, one-piece flow.
What does OPF stand for?
OPF stands for One-Piece Flow
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OPF
We have 53 other meanings of OPF in our Acronym Attic
- Of Possible Futures (science fiction novel)
- Office Protestant de la Formation
- Office/Official Personnel Folder
- Official Personnel File
- Official Personnel Folder
- Oil Palm Frond
- Oil Protection Force (Iraq)
- Once per Facet (laser scanning)
- One Percent Foundation (California)
- One Piece Folder (corrugated box style)
- Online Photo Filer (website development; various companies)
- Onshore Processing Facility
- Onshore Production Facility (oil and gas)
- Open Photography Forum
- OPEN Process Framework
- Operation Flashpoint (game)
- Optimal Power Flow
- Orange Prize for Fiction (UK)
- Orbiter Processing Facility
- Order Processing Fee (sales)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The redesign resulted in fewer steps and incorporated one-piece flow to move samples through the accessioning, centrifugation, and aliquoting processes.
They pick, pack and send the orders off to shipping without moving from their workstations, preserving the one-piece flow and vastly improving throughput.
We have a one-piece flow in our motor plants," McFarland said.
For example, this can involve a company moving steps closer together that add value during production to create the effect of one-piece flow, as in a bucket brigade made up of many parts, all working together as a cohesive unit.
This integrated process technology moves us a crucial step closer to our vision of one-piece flow production," says Balda director Ralf Ackermann.