Heartland Reggae is a film that looks at the One Love Peace Concert held in Kingston Jamaica in 1978, featuring footage of Bob Marley, U Roy, Jacob Miller and Peter Tosh.
What does OLPC stand for?
OLPC stands for One Love Peace Concert (1978 concert in Kingston, Jamaica)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OLPC
We have 2 other meanings of OLPC in our Acronym Attic
- Orbital Local Plasma Approximation
- Ordinary Life Project Association (UK)
- Ore Lake Preservation Association (Michigan)
- Oregon Livestock Producers Association
- Otisco Lake Preservation Association (New York)
- Olmaa Pastoralist Development Programme (Japan)
- On-Line Pattern Analysis & Recognition System
- Ohio Law Placement Consortium
- Ollie's London Pub Choice (Canada)
- One Laptop Per Child
- One Low Price Cleaners
- Ontario Livestock and Poultry Council (Canada)
- Open-Loop Power Control
- Orchestra London Philharmonic Choir
- Oregon Local Program Committee
- Original London Pub Company
- Orthogonal Linear Predictive Coding
- Our Lady of Peace Centre
- Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Canada
- Outer Loop Power Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first day includes a look at the golden age of Jamaican music and the transfer of ska to the UK, and Sunday's line-up includes a documentary about the 1978 One Love Peace Concert featuring Bob Marley.
The archives also contain videos, including the 1977 visit of Cuban president Fidel Castro and the 1978 One Love Peace Concert, in which Marley called two bitter Jamaican political rivals on stage to join hands.