His vow never to issue another pledge he'd break will be taken with a large pinch of salt by voters once bitten, twice shy.
What does OBTS stand for?
OBTS stands for Once Bitten, Twice Shy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of OBTS
We have 10 other meanings of OBTS in our Acronym Attic
- On Board Track On Jam
- Oakbrook Terrace Park District (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
- Oklahoma Boston Terrier Rescue Society
- N-Oxydiethylene Benzothiazole 2-Sulfenamide
- Offender Based Tracking System (Connecticut)
- Offender Based Transaction Statistics
- Offender Based Transaction System (Florida)
- Office of Building Technology, State and Community Programs (US DoE)
- On-Board Test Set
- On-Board Training System (US Navy)
- Open BVE Train Simulator (software)
- Order Book Trading Static Monitoring
- Organizational Behavior Teaching Society
- Orientation-Based Texture Segmentation (vision)
- Output-Buffered Transition System
- Overbonded Top Sheet
- Overseas Business Trading System
- On-Board Team Trainer
- On-Board Training Team
- Order Book to Turnover
Samples in periodicals archive:
The singer said: "It's a case of once bitten, twice shy.
He said: "I really don't think I would want to be with someone in the industry - once bitten, twice shy.
Byline: By PETER SHUTTLEWORTH Wales on Sunday Wrexham are a little dubious of property developers these days - it's a case of once bitten, twice shy.
We learned our lesson with Lomana LuaLua and Portsmouth last season and it's a case of once bitten, twice shy.
The Yorkshire side have already failed with one bid to land O'Neill when the Irishman was at Leicester, and Lorimer fears it is a case of once bitten, twice shy.
Byline: Pat Flanagan ONCE bitten, twice shy goes the old saying but it appears funnyman John Cleese hasn't heard that one.
Once bitten, twice shy with Mister Baileys INSIDE information from an impeccable source.