of Taiwan, the largest maker of optical disc drives (ODDs) in the world, recently claimed that it has tied up with an international automaker and plan to launch a very innovative onboard unit (OBU) with both wireless connection and wireless charging for smartphones.
What does OBU stand for?
OBU stands for Onboard Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OBU
We have 14 other meanings of OBU in our Acronym Attic
- Országos Burgonya Szövetség és Terméktanács (Hungarian: National Potato Marketing Board and Association)
- Outer Banks Transportation Task Force
- Office for Battlefield Technical Vulnerability Reduction
- Oh By the Way
- Obligatory the World Is A Very Big Place
- Occasional Business Use
- Offshore Banking Unit
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Old Baptist Union (est. 1880)
- Old Boys Union
Samples in periodicals archive:
An onboard device uses these inputs to calculate distance traveled and the appropriate charge, which are the only information that could be sent by the vehicle onboard unit to an office for billing purposes.
Maction began supplying navigation software for BYD's F5 sedan model through a first-tier navigation onboard unit (OBU) supplier in 2010; and he Taiwanese company will supply products to Geely in the same way.
CHT) recently introduced a multi-functional telematics onboard unit (OBU) integrated with 3G mobile telecom, general packet radio service (GPRS) navigation, containing data on over two million shops and travel.