And chatterers can create identities by tinkering with their on-line "profiles," short autobiographies that other people on-line can access with the click of a mouse, regardless of whether a person is in a chat room.
What does OLDS stand for?
OLDS stands for On-Line (Unit) Diary System (USMC)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OLDS
We have 7 other meanings of OLDS in our Acronym Attic
- Office of Legislative Drafting and Publishing (Australian government)
- On Line Data Processing
- One-Level Dynamic Partitioning (computer networking)
- Open Legal Data Platform (web application)
- Operations Leadership Development Program
- Orleans Levee District Police (New Orleans, LA)
- Our Lady of Divine Province (school)
- Open Learning Deferred Payment Scheme (Australia)
- On Line Display System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many companies' Web sites offer nothing more than on-line versions of their printed brochures.
As lesbians and gay men logged on-line in 1996, more services than ever before were there to greet them When PlanetOut landed on the Internet map last September, it was merely the noisiest, best-funded splashdown in a banner year for gay cyberspace.