People with hives that recur for years might get relief from an allergy drug called omalizumab, marketed as Xolair.
What does OMAL stand for?
OMAL stands for Omalizumab
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of OMAL in our Acronym Attic
- Online Marketers Alliance Group (forum)
- Orange Magnolia (band)
- Okanagan Mainline Amateur Hockey Association (British Columbia)
- Omaha Metropolitan Amateur Hockey Association
- Old Mines Area Historical Society (Old Mines, MO)
- Office of Multicultural Arts Initiatives (Wisconsin)
- Omar McCall and Associates, Inc. (Beltsville, MD)
- Open Mobile Architecture Initiative (Nokia)
- Out-Cell Multiple-Access Interference
- Organizacion de Mujeres Aymaras del Kollasuyo (Spanish: Aymara Women's Organization of Kollasuyo; Bolivia)
- Of Mice and Men (novel, movie)
- Of Monsters and Men (band)
- Old Mutual Asset Managers (UK)
- Optical Manipulation and Metrology (research program)
- Ormond Memorial Art Museum (Florida)
- Oriental Medicine Association of New Mexico
- Observed Maximum Acid Output
- Office of Marine and Aircraft Operations (US NOAA)
- Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (US NOAA)
- Orientation and Mobility Association of Oregon
Samples in periodicals archive:
Saini, who has studied omalizumab since 2005, points out that fewer than half of those treated respond to traditional drug treatments with antihistamines.
Martin pointed out that patients in the tissue eosinophilia group experienced "tremendous improvement" in FEVt with the use of omalizumab (Xo-lair), whereas no benefit was seen in the nonspecific group.
Half of patients treated with omalizumab were able to stop taking potentially harmful steroids and most needed them less often, say experts.
Omalizumab is marketed by the company Genentech under the brand name Xolair.
Omalizumab Omalizumab is a recombinant DNA-derived humanized monoclonal antibody that selectively binds to human IgE.
18) Omalizumab is a humanised monocolonal anti-IgE antibody that works by binding free IgE and thus preventing the interaction between free IgE and both the high and low affinity IgE receptors on inflammatory cells, such as basophils and mast cells.