Although Old Man Winter wouldn't give up yet, he was plainly in retreat as the sun rose daily higher in the sky and the snow drifts around the old stone walls shrank to nothing.
What does OMW stand for?
OMW stands for Old Man Winter
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of OMW
We have 17 other meanings of OMW in our Acronym Attic
- Organisation pour la Mise en Valeur du Fleuve Senegal (Senegal River Development Organization)
- Office, Motor Vehicle Transportation Officer
- Operating A Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated
- Oberbaumesswagen (German)
- Object Management Workbench (IntelliCorp)
- Observation Monitoring Well (water pollution regulation)
- Oh My Waffle
- Oh My Walrus
- Oh My Word
- Oh My Wow
- Olive Mill Wastewater (olive oil production)
- Omak (Amtrak station code; Omak, WA)
- On My Way
- One Microsoft Way (address)
- One Minute Wonder
- Online Model World (Internet modeling community)
- Opponents' Match-Win Percentage (tie-breaker)
- Organizational Mastery Workshop (Stanford Advanced Project Management)
- Ontario Municipal Water Association (Canada)
- On My Way Back
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's enough to make even the heartiest admirer of Old Man Winter cry a frozen river.
5 ounces, and you have the means to beat Old Man Winter at his own game.
This list is based on the quality and value for the drinking experience among the wide variety of this year's seasonal beers: Anchor Christmas Ale, Capital Winter Skal, Chimay Grand Reserve Magnum, Chouffe N'ice, Corsendonk Christmas Ale, De Koninck Winter Ale, Delirium Noel, Gouden Carolus Noel, Gulden Draak Vintage, Petrus Winter, Samichlaus Bier, and Southern Tier Old Man Winter.
According to the company, studies show that the weather outside can directly affect a person's mood, and that surrounding oneself with "feel-good tones" is an effective way to combat the effects of Old Man Winter.