Meanwhile a showcase evening at Hall Two, The Sage Gateshead featured Mercury Music Prize-nominated British singer and producer, Ghostpoet; DJ Raj Pannu; Lulu James; Jethro Fox; and Seye who had been filmed performing covers of their favourite Old Grey Whistle Test tracks for The Space website.
What does OGWT stand for?
OGWT stands for Old Grey Whistle Test (UK TV music show, 1971-1987; also seen as TOGWT)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Oh God We're All Gonna Die
- Office of Great Workplace Development (Michigan)
- Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water (Australia)
- Old Guy with Guns
- Oregon Geothermal Working Group (Oregon Department of Energy)
- Output Gap Working Group (Czech Republic; data forecasting)
- Opera Graphical Workflow Language
- Operation Grace World Missions (Houston, TX)
- Operational Groundwater Monitoring Network
- Office of Ground Water Protection (US EPA)
- Österreichische Gesellschaft der Wirtschaftstreuhänder
- Optical Gateway Crossconnect (Alcatel)
- Optographx (Warsaw, Poland)
- Osteogenex (bone building pharmaceuticals company)
- Outgoing Exchange
- Ott, Grebogi, and Yorke
- Outreach for Grieving Youth Alliance (aka Kids Hurt Too; civic association; Honolulu, HI)
- Ocean Gate Yacht Club (Ocean Gate, NJ)
- Old Greenwich Yacht Club (Connecticut)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is a simple, enjoyable, head-banging collection of clips from The Old Grey Whistle Test and Top of the Pops.
Harris, former presenter of the BBC music programme The Old Grey Whistle Test, has taken a liking to the band over the last six months and has regularly played their debut album Meet Me In Spanish City on his show.
In advance of his own Old Grey Whistle Test 40th anniversary, he will be returning to Liverpool for an evening of anecdotes and reminiscences accompanied by some of his favourite musicians from the area.
In addition, you get a live show from the Birmingham NEC in 1982, and six further Beeb performances, plus a 1984 Old Grey Whistle Test interview with Francis and Rick.
Focus are ostensibly the quintessence of '70s progressive rock, pure Old Grey Whistle Test fodder.
In 1981, they released their second album Don't Point Your Finger and were soon nearly a weekly TV fixture, performing on the Chris Tarrant Show, the South Bank Show, the Old Grey Whistle Test and The Young Ones as well as supporting The Kinks and The Who on tour.
What Brits miss: 1 Bobbies on beat 72 per cent 2 Snow at Christmas 59 per cent 3 Top Of The Pops 53 per cent 4 Kids playing in street 52 per cent 5 Opal Fruits 44 per cent 6 Apprenticeships 44 per cent 7 Only Fools And Horses 44 per cent 8 Red phone boxes 43 per cent 9 C and A 42 per cent 10 Steam trains 40 per cent 11 Postcards 38 per cent 12 Ask Jeeves 37 per cent 13 Fuel in gallons 37 per cent 14 Letter writing 35 per cent 15 Local bank managers 33 per cent 16 Outdoor pools/lidos 31 per cent 17 It's A Knockout 31 per cent 18 Marathon bars 30 per cent 19 Spangles 29 per cent 20 Old Grey Whistle Test 24 per cent (ANI) Copyright 2009 Asian News International (ANI) - All Rights Reserved.