Topics include heroic poetry in modern Arabia, Old English translation of Judgment Day II, Old English runic inscriptions, the Narragansett runic inscription of Rhode Island, Old English preverbal elements with adverbial counterparts, Old English words for people, legal language, revisions in the Wyclif Bible, Chaucer's Latin (and a new take on Troilus, Kempe's ideas on salvaging journeys, Malory's critique on violence, the loss of final plosive consonants in late Middle English rhyme words, hyphens and hyper-hyphens in Middle English, and similarities or dissimilarities between medieval English and German.
What does OERun stand for?
OERun stands for Old English Runic (linguistics)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Oceanographic Environmental Reference Service
- Oceanographic Environmental Research Society (Barrie, Ontario, Canada)
- Officer Evaluation Reporting System (US Army)
- Oregon Emergency Response Team
- Organization of Senegal River States (Mauritania, Senegal, Guinea)
- Officer Evaluation Report Support Form (US Army)
- Organisation Européenne de Recherche sur le Traitement du Cancer
- OECS (Organization of Eastern Caribbean States) Education Reform Unit
- Open Education Resource Universitas (New Zealand)
- Outreach Enrollment Retention and Utilization (California)
- Open-Ended Rectangular Waveguide
- Outstanding and Exceptional Resource Waters (Wisconsin)
- Occupational Employment Statistics
- Occupational Exposure Standard
- Oceanic Engineering Society
- Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (Department of State bureau)
- Office Equipment Services (Naperville, IL)
- Office of Earth Science (NASA)
- Office of Education Services
- Office of Emergency Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
The chapter closes with a presentation of the Old English runic alphabet and an analysis of its provenance.