In 1927, the government of Prime Minister Mackenzie King made social history by passing the Old Age Security Pensions Act, the first legislation to provide widespread public pensions and the first step toward reducing poverty among seniors.
What does OASP stand for?
OASP stands for Old Age Security Pension (Canada)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OASP
We have 5 other meanings of OASP in our Acronym Attic
- Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy
- Ohio Association of School Nurses (Tipp City, OH)
- On a Side Note
- Office of Amarillo Site Operations (US Department of Energy; Texas)
- Older Adult Systems of Care (Canada)
- Open and Affirming Sexual Orientation Support
- Office of Academic Success Programs (various locations)
- Office of AHANA (African, Hispanic, Asian, Native American) Student Programs (Boston College; Boston, MA)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Policy (US Department of Labor)
- Ohio Access Success Project (Department of Job and Family Services)
- Open Application Standard Platform
- Orthogonal Array Subunit Particle (neurobiology)
- Oxford Advanced Studies Program (Oxford, England, UK)
- Ohio Agricultural Surplus Production Alliance
- Ohio Association of School Personnel Administrators
- Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (US DHHS)
- Ontario Association for the Supervision of Physical and Health Education (Canada)
- Overall Sound Pressure Level
- Ontario Association of Specialty Program Schools
Samples in periodicals archive:
Old Abe Security: Eligible residents of Canada aged 65 and over may receive a fixed monthly old age security pension.