It has exclusive original jurisdiction to hear appeals and references under * the Income Tax Act, * the Employment Insurance Act, * Part IX of the Excise Tax Act (GST), * the Canada Pension Plan, * the Old Age Security Act, * the Petroleum and Gas Revenue Tax Act, and * the Cultural Property Export and Import Act.
What does OAS stand for?
OAS stands for Old Age Security Act (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OAS
We have 236 other meanings of OAS in our Acronym Attic
- Office of Academic Services (various schools)
- Office of Addiction Services (Philadelphia, PA)
- Office of Administrative Services
- Office of Administrative Support (US FEMA)
- Office of Aerospace Studies
- Office of Aircraft Services
- Office of Applied Studies (SAMHSA)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary
- Official Athletic Site (various locations)
- Ohio Auditor of State
Samples in periodicals archive:
00 Annotated Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security Act.
At issue in this case was the claim by the appellants, James Egan, a longstanding "gay rights" activist, and his partner, John Norris Nesbit, that the exclusion of same-sex partners from spousal benefits under the Old Age Security Act violated the equality rights of homosexuals.