The authors argue that had their newly proposed oil spill model been in use, responders would have proceeded in a different manner.
What does OILMAP stand for?
OILMAP stands for Oil Spill Model
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OILMAP
- Organizzazione Italiana Lubrificanti (Italian)
- Outgoing Interface List (computer networking)
- Office of International Labor Affairs
- Oregon Institute of Literary Arts (est. 1986; Portland, OR)
- Offshore Industry Liaison Committee (trade union for oil drilling workers; Aberdeen, Scotland)
- Optimal Iterative Learning Control
- Olympic Institute for Leadership Development (Bend, OR)
- Oregon Institute for Leadership Development (American Association for Women in Community Colleges)
- Orgone Induced Lucid Dream
- Osaka International Ladies Marathon (Japan)
- Oil Spill Model and Response System (Applied Science Associates, Inc)
- Optical Injection-Locked Oscillator
- Office of Information Law and Policy (US DOJ)
- Operator-Initiated Lightpath Provisioning
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (Oxford Brookes University; Oxford, England, UK)
- Okanagan Institute for Learning in Retirement (now Society for Learning in Retirement; Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada)
- Oxidation Is Loss Reduction Is Gain (mnemonic/acronym for how electrons are lost or gained in reactions; chemistry)
- Oklahoma Indian Legal Services, Inc. (Oklahoma City, OK)
- On-Site Industrial Lubrication Services (Overlake Oil; Kirkland, WA)
- Open Integrated Learning Systems (UK education)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Currently, Yapa is working with the National Oceanographic Atmospheric Ad ministration's Hazardous Materials Branch (NOAA HAZMAT) to integrate his oil spill model with theirs.