It's comparable to what happened in 1998 with the Exxon Mobil spill, in terms of the quantity that has been spilled, it's the biggest since then," Peter Idabor, director of Nigeria's National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA), told Reuters by telephone from the capital Abuja.
What does OSD stand for?
OSD stands for Oil Spill Detection (system)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OSD
We have 178 other meanings of OSD in our Acronym Attic
- Ocean State Dubs (Rhode Island)
- Oceanside (Amtrak station code; Oceanside, CA)
- Office of Student Diversity (various schools)
- Office of Supplier Diversity (Florida)
- Office of Sustainable Development (various locations)
- Office of Systems Development
- Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Office of the Superintendent of Detectives (Washington, DC)
- Officer on Special Duty
- Ohio School for the Deaf
Samples in periodicals archive:
The navigational systems on each vessel are being enhanced with x-band and infrared oil spill detection systems that may increase the ability of the vessel crew to conduct skimming operations during times of adverse weather, low visibility and night operations.
Therefore, an important part of oil spill detection is separation of oil slicks from look-alikes.
Mallory and an oil spill detection device, among others, according to an obituary.
Most laser fluorosensors used for oil spill detection employ a laser operating in the ultraviolet region between 300 and 355 nm.