said at the Naval Surface Association conference in January that the Offshore Patrol Cutter will be the service's "workhorse" for the next 40 years.
What does OPC stand for?
OPC stands for Offshore Patrol Cutter
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OPC
We have 257 other meanings of OPC in our Acronym Attic
- Off Premises Contact (timeshares)
- Office de la Protection du Consommateur
- Office of Primary Concern
- Office of Public Correspondence (Treasury Department)
- Office of Public Counsel
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner (various locations)
- Office of the Protective Commissioner (Australia)
- Office Protestant de la Communication
- Official Payments Corporation (electronic payment options)
- Official Porsche Centre (vehicles; various locations)
- Oficiul Pentru Protecþia Consumatorilor (Romanian: Office for Consumer Protection)
- Oil Palm Company (Nigeria)
- Oil Pipeline Company
- Oilfield Production Consultants Ltd
- Ojai Playwrights Conference (Ojai, CA)
- Oji Paper Canada Ltd. (Japan)
- Oklahoma Pork Council
- OLE for Process Control (OLE = Object Linking and Embedding)
- Oligarchy Peep Contingent
- Oligodendrocyte Precursor Cell
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, the C4ISR systems developed for the National Security Cutter and the future Offshore Patrol Cutter will be overseen by the same C4ISR acquisition program manager, who will look to acquire common systems and sub-systems across the assets, thus simplifying maintenance and lowering life cycle costs.
The Offshore Patrol Cutter is currently the Coast Guard's highest priority program, Papp said.
With the hoped-for seventh and eighth NSCs in doubt because of budget concerns, the shrinking number of legacy ships, as well as the Offshore Patrol Cutter seemingly years away from coming to fruition, the Coast Guard may have an upcoming capability gap on the high seas.
With a proposed fleet of 25 ships, and an expected budget of $8 billion, the Coast Guard's Offshore Patrol Cutter is drawing intense interest from both shipbuilders and budget watchers on Capitol Hill.